All types of facilities in the private and public sector, including cities, schools, farms and industrial facilities generating domestic or industrial wastewater are required to obtain and maintain a Water Quality Permit. The permit requires the facility to treat the wastewater to the quality specified by the governing agency. The discharge of treated wastewater into or adjacent to water within a state must be authorized by the State’s Environmental Agency.
After completing this module, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the Regulatory Background
- Understand differences in wastewater from commercial vs. domestic sources
- Determine the required permits pertaining to wastewater management for a specific source.
- Gain an understanding of Wastewater Treatment
- Gain an understanding of Wastewater Plant Operation and Maintenance