Industrial Hygiene is a science and art devoted to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, prevention, and control of those environmental factors or stresses arising in or from the workplace which may cause sickness, impaired health and well-being, or significant discomfort among workers or among citizens of the community.
After completing this module, you will have learned:
- What is an Industrial Hygienist?
- What is the purpose of an Industrial Hygiene Assessment?
- What are elements of an Industrial Hygiene Assessment?
- How are the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Industrial Hygiene connected?
- What are a few examples of job hazards?